An American Tea Room Showcase Moment

During this season of gratitude and giving back, I'd like to take a few days to say "Thank You" to some of my greatest tea mentors - ones who opened my mind and palate to the endless spectrum of teas. At the top of my list is American Tea Room.

I'm often asked what my favorite tea is, and though that changes on a weekly basis, there are a few staple teas that I always have in my Tea Cupboard that come from this wonderful tea oasis.

American Tea Room Owner, David Barenholz, and me
One of the first teas I fell in love with was Romanoff Blood Orange Organic Tea. This is a bold black tea blend with subtle undertones of blood orange. I'm typically not one to go for fruit-influenced teas, but this is one that is done right. No sweet aftertaste. Just a lilting hint of orange on in a wave of hearty breakfast-level black tea. When I'm in the mood to get things done and hold no prisoners, this is my go-to tea. I've probably written about this tea more than any other. Here are some highlights:

A Romanoff Moment - Where it all began!

A Russian TEA*Vent Moment

A Russian Reflection Moment

Another long and enduring love of mine is Brioche Organic Tea. This is a black tea blend that makes you feel like you've wandered into a French bakery. Voted An International Tea Moment's Best Black Tea Blend of 2010, I always have this one on hand when I need a little decadence in my day. Some highlights of my Brioche affair:

A Decadent Brioche Moment

A Downton Abbey Marathon Moment

One of the first teas I discovered at American Tea Room was Maharajah, a Single Estate Assam (of course!). And, I could be wrong, but I believe this is the blog post that sealed my friendship with David Barenholz, founder of American Tea Room. A bold, black blend, This is a tea that is my equivalent of comfort food. Rich and luxurious, but familiar and cozy, it has everything I need in my morning cup of tea. A highlight:

A Moment of New Beginnings - The arrival of Baby #2 and my re-introduction to tea

Now, David is a lover of Green Teas in particular, and he was a great influencer when it came to my foray into greens. One of my favorites is Immortal Green, which can be served hot or iced. Warning: this is a gateway tea. Once you try this one, you'll want to explore more green teas. Highlights:

An Immortal Moment

A Green Tea Expedition Moment


I could go on and on, but At least it's a good starting point for tea exploration or holiday gift ideas. To David and all the wonderful tea experts at American Tea Room, Happy Holidays and Thank You for all you have shared with me over the years!

For all my Tea Friends, today's a great day to take advantage of the Cyber Monday special at American Tea Room:

 American Tea Room Cyper Monday









Comments