A Christmas Chai Moment

The squeals of excitement every time a different ornament was unwrapped. The exclamations of "Decorations!" by my 2-year-old every time she was struck by the reality of what we were doing. The laughter and joy of completing such a task together. This was my first Christmas where I was able to share my love of Christmas tree decorating with both my daughters and see them fall in love with it, too.

My oldest taking such care with the fragile ones, my youngest piling 5 or more ornaments on a single branch.

After tucking them into bed, I steeped a cup of tea and admired our handiwork (and maybe moved an ornament or two). And what a perfect cup of tea for such a moment. Ginger Chai from Steeped Tea. The ginger, cloves and cardamom enveloped me like a comfortable quilt.



Silent Night, Holy Night...


Comments