A Hawaiian Volcano Green Moment



Tea Clubs are all about discovery, in my mind. And the Canton Tea Club is doing a lovely job of introducing me to things I've never experienced, and in some cases, never heard of.

Did you know Hawaii grows tea? And this week, I get to experience Hawaiian Volcano Green. One person describes it, "Like standing on a beach in Hawaii eating a piece of watermelon." For a green tea, it doesn't have a lot of that bright, grassy taste that I associate with Japanese greens. It's lighter, mellower, and would probably be a good introduction to green tea for a first timer.

Edie loved the idea of having Hawaiian tea. I think she liked even more the idea of drinking from one of my small, cast iron tea cups.

Aloha, my friends. Aloha.

Comments

  1. Oh how exciting!!!
    Tea, that grows in Hawaii?
    I don't drink green teas, because they taste too "grassy", but the way you describe this Hawaiian Green tells me... I could like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green tea was tough for me too for that same reason. I devoted an entire year of exploration to see if I could change my own mind. I really ended up doing well with Chinese greens. I'm thinking of doing an "Intro to Green" post. Maybe it will give you some ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be my test subject? Maybe I can send you a package of a series of my discoveries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be your "guinea pig"!!! ♥

      Delete
  4. Perfect! You saw my call for 4 more "guinea pigs." I can't wait to assemble the Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!!!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment