A Blue and White Teapot Moment



I've received many tea cups and tea pots as gifts over the years, and for the most part I remember their unique story. However, I have given very few tea cups or tea pots as gifts. Reason being, I try to keep in mind that everyone has their own tastes and preferences.

There is one tea pot, though, that I did give as a gift. It was this one, and I gave it to my Mom during my early college years as I was working in a ultra-doily boutique in the mall. I had this tea pot on layaway for quite some time, and a part of my paycheck went toward it every week. It was one of those things that just had my Mom's name all over it, every time I saw it. I had to have it. For her.

Now that I live so far away from home, that tea pot is kind of a cozy landmark for me. It says "Mom" and it says "Home" to me every time I see it. With 2 little kids in tow when we do visit, there isn't as much leisure time at her house to sit and have a pot of tea, but just seeing it there is restful enough for me.



Comments

  1. That is lovely. I have a teapot that was my grandmother's. It is chipped and stained, but means more to me than all of my other teapots. I have to keep it locked in a china cabinet since i also have two little ones that get into everything, but it warms my heart when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful that you have something so special to remember her by!

      Delete

Post a Comment