An Appointed Moment

We've embarked on a new child care situation this week. Rather than day care for the girls, we have brought a care giver into our home for a variety of reasons. And while this is an exciting change for Edie and a good one for Anne Marie, I am reminded that change - no matter what kind - is difficult. So, we're learning how to co-exist during the day - me in my home office on numerous conference calls and filling in spreadsheets, and the girls and their care giver outside my door.

In general, things are progressing well and a schedule is taking shape. However, the late afternoons get a little challenging for a 4-year-old girl who can't understand why she can't go visit her Mom. As a mini celebration of successfully surviving week 1, I made a lunch appointment with Edie. For tea.

We went to my go-to tea house, The Tea House on Los Rios, located in the historic district of San Juan Capistrano. It was the first tea place I visited when we moved to California nearly 13 years ago, and you don't need to make reservations in order to have access to the tea menu.


Our hostess mentioned the availablity of hats, which Edie jumped on immediately. (Much to her mother's chagrin!)
She loved having her own tea pot full of apple juice, and it was an even bigger highlight than the cute PBJ triangle sandwiches. The creme de la creme, however, was the bowl of fruit which she topped with brown sugar and heavy cream. Yum!
I don't wear hats for just anyone. Is that a sombrero I'm wearing?!?
It was so fun to have this special lunch appointment with my little girl who is growing up so fast. Wasn't it only yesterday...

When I asked Edie what she thought of going to tea, she thought for a moment and replied, "I thought it was going to be really, really cool! But it wasn't."  Oh well.

At least there were rocks to climb on in the park next door.
We'll try again in a year or two.

Comments

  1. Such a funny honest response! I'm excited that you guys have this new child-care situation happening; I'm sure you'll all settle in together nicely. Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's been cracking me up with her honest commentary lately.

      Delete

Post a Comment