A Queen's Bakery Moment

It's always fun when a friend clues me into a new local tea spot. So when E forwarded me a Travelzoo afternoon tea deal for The Queen's Bakery in Costa Mesa, I had to jump on it!

The deal was much more popular than I (or the Queen herself) anticipated, so although I purchased my deal in May, I wasn't able to book my reservation until July!

So E and I, with great excitement, drove over to this hidden gem in the heart of Costa Mesa, California. In an industrial neighborhood, behind Hank's Mexican Food (I kid you not), is this lovely little slice of heaven.


Though not on their regular menu, the Deal was for afternoon tea. We each chose our tea from their list of socially responsible teas. My 1st and 2nd choices were unfortunately not available (Empress Estate and Darjeeling), but they had English Breakfast, so I was happy! E went for their Cherry Rose Green Tea. We were seated at our reserved table - a high-backed fuschia couch on one side, a sleek modern chair on the other. We admired the whimsical curlicues and bright, girly colors on the surrounding walls.


With our little pots of tea came a tiny scone, darling little cookie and a very lovely salad.


And then came the sandwiches: mint and cheese, cucumber, and Nutella with sliced almonds. I could have eaten about 20 of the Nutella sandwiches. Dangerous!


Being a bakery, the sweet treats were no less than glorious. I didn't take a photo of the plate that I nearly licked clean.

While we were enjoying our fare, there was some kind of cupcake or cookie decorating party taking place behind a screen wall at the far end of the cafe. We learned that this is one of their biggest draws, and it sounded like a lot of fun!

Unfortunately, their tea service is not listed as a regular item on their menu, though I hope they will consider promoting it more. This deal may have been one way to help draw some new customers, but it shouldn't just end there as a one time thing. They do afternoon tea well! Why not share it with the world?

The Queen's Bakery
2950 Grace Lane, Suite A
Costa Mesa, California 92626

Monday - Thursday 10:30 am to 5 pm
Friday - Saturday 10 am to 6 pm
Closed Sunday for private events
Call the Queen at 714-540-9500

Find them Here on Facebook

Comments

  1. Oh that looks GREAT!
    Did you get the recipes? You can also share them with the world (or at least only with me, if they're top secret)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get the recipes, but I may have to try! Very, very yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment