A Spring Green Moment

It's so cliche, but I do love spring. I think I love it even more at my new house (well, we've been here a year, but it still feels new) due to the flowers that surround us here.

I especially love our hedge of lavendar that I can admire from my office window...

The geranium outside my patio door...


And the jasmine that Edie believes is named after the Disney princess...



The grass is so lush and green, there are cherry blossoms surrounding my balcony, the birds sing  their songs as though I'm the Disney princess - it's definitely spring. And such a display calls for a green, green tea. Of course, I'm in luck because I've been waiting to bring out such a tea for such an occasion. The House Green from TeaSource. For anyone wanting an easy introduction to green tea, this is an excellent starting point. Light, smooth, refreshing - because this is a Chinese green tea (from the Hunan province), you won't experiece the grassy flavor that many people associate with green teas (Japanese greens have that signature grassiness). The Chinese greens are more earthy, maybe even woodsy, but not grassy.

On this spring morning, as I admire the floral paradise outside my window and hold a sleeping baby in one arm, I am looking forward to this first sip of pure green in nearly a year. Ah, just as I remembered it. Subtle, and almost sweet, hot and cozy, this is springtime in a tea cup.


You can follow TeaSource on Twitter for specials and announcements: @TeaSource 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Abadia! I hope you and your beautiful family are doing well!

      Delete
    2. Thank you!
      We are not so lucky with the weather, it's very cold... but... I hope springtime is coming soon!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh.... so glad all is right where it should be in the "P" house. So happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you can enjoy your tea again with sleeping baby in arms. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment