A Gift of Tea Moment

There are those in the world who do not see the value is social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. Personally, I have found some very interesting resources, communities, and even friends as a result of exploring these venues. Case in point, when I was preparing for a trip to New York in late September I asked my Twitterverse of tea friends if they had any recommendations of tea rooms. The response from @AGiftofTea: That I must visit In Pursuit of Tea.

And so I did - with the added bonus that @AGiftofTea would meet me there!

It was with great pleasure that I met Jo-Ani Johnson and learned about her own journey with tea. Now, I could wax poetic about our time together, but as the holiday season is upon us I want to share with you her craftsmanship and creativity. And who knows? You may just find yourself able to check a few more people off of your shopping list as a result!

Jo was thoughtful enough to present me with one of her hand-crafted, tea-inspired jewelry creations. I fell in love with the delicate artistry.

To browse her collection, and delight the jewelry lover in your life, visit HERE!

In addition to her ability to craft such works of art, she also has a way with words and education. Recently, my day was made when a package arrived from Jo with the following inside:


This beautiful gift bag contains an herbal blend of tea designed for children, and an educational booklet on the historical events that led to the enjoyment of tea that we experience today. The book is simply, but beautifully illustrated (by Jo, of course!), and the tea blend is a caffeine-free rooibos-based blend that is light and fragrant enough for children to enjoy, but dark enough in color like Mom or Dad's normal cup of tea! Brilliant!

I love having such opportunities to sit with someone and learn what makes them tick, what they enjoy, and what amazing gifts and talents they bring to this world. Jo has a unique way of introducing beauty and understanding in a tangible way, and I hope you will take a moment to look, enjoy, and indulge.

Thank you, Jo, for not only introducing me to In Pursuit of Tea, while I was in New York, but also sharing your amazing story and talents with me. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely day. I was so pleased to meet Jo-Ani in Philly and was sorry to miss her on my last trip to NY. I'll have to get to IPOT next time I'm down. I tried to pop in a few weeks ago before my book signing and there was a "back in 2 minutes" sign. I waited a few but had to go. Sad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment