A Peaceful Evening Moment

I have a confession to make. In the past several months, I've seen my tea blog described basically as a blog about tea and family, and for whatever reason the description kind of irked me. It made me a "Mommy Blogger," (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I had never thought of my writing in that way. When I mentioned my thoughts to the Man o'the House, he pointed out that, well, that's what I tended to write about these days. Tea and Family.

Touché.

So, I'm warming to the new realization.

Right now I'm sitting in my newly redecorated (though, in truth, there's nothing "re-" about it. It's finally been decorated!), and I'm sipping tea, feeling very contented. Maybe a little more so than usual. A lot of it is due to my newly peaceful surroundings: cool blues and greys against dark wood. But a lot of it is due to the fact that we had an unusually peaceful and battle-free evening the night before.



I'm sipping on a cup of Senkada's Dimbula Black Tea. I've recently become acquainted with many of Senkada's Sri Lankan Premium Teas, and this one has become an instant favorite. Pure Ceylon, bold and malty, it's exactly the way I want to ease into my day.

I had just returned from a business trip this week and had landed home in time to pick up the girls from their childcare. They hadn't expected me until bedtime, so it was a very happy surprise. We went home and saw that all the neighbor kids were swarming around one of the dads who recently bought a drone and was doing some test flights down the street. We joined in on the excitement, and then stayed as the kids broke into a game of Sharks and Minnows.

When Dad got home from work, he traded places with me and I got dinner going. Once everyone came inside and ate, Edie challenged me to a card game of War and Anne Marie asked to paint with Dad. It was a very pleasant hour of activities with no TV or electronics to speak of. I loved it.



Bedtime came, and the girls were unusually compliant when it came to putting on PJ's, brushing teeth and picking a story. Even falling asleep took less time than usual. I was actually able to enjoy time with the Man o' The House and catch up on the week's happenings.

Amazing.

And so, this morning I feel refreshed, I feel ready to take on the rest of the week and any challenges that may present themselves.



Let's refill this cup and savor the moment just a little bit longer.

Comments