A Moment for Some of my Favorite Moms


There's an amazing group of women I get together with a couple of times each month. It's a chapter of MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers), but it's more than just a "Mommy" group. It's a meeting place for people who are in the same place as me in life. We all have small children. There are moms who work outside the home full-time and part-time, there are moms who have home-based businesses, and there are full-time stay-at-home moms.

While I'm not generally the type to join "groups," I took the plunge, and I'm so glad I did. Over the past 4 years, these women are becoming some of my most dear and respected friends. They're smart, they're funny, they're resourceful, and they've been there, done that and are willing to show the battle scars for the sake of helping others make better or easier decisions.

Once a year, there's a tradition of "Tea and Testimony." We enjoy an evening tea and a great speaker. Now, of course, how could I help but dive into this event? It's become a favorite for me and an opportunity to introduce new things to this circle of friends.



This year, not only did we have a lovely assortment of sandwiches, scones, savories and sips, I introduced tea infused beer and wine (inspired by Capital Teas), which was received with great enthusiasm.


The menu:

Cucumber Sandwiches
Curried Chicken Sandwiches
Sandwiches de Pau

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

Chive and Chevre Gluten-Free Scones
Lady Devotea's Proper Scones

Mini Chocolate Eclairs
Chocolate Biscuits

Tea Offerings

Tea-Infused Wine and Beer a.k.a. Vino Teano and Tea Lager

Many thanks to the team of women who prepared all the food and provided the decor: Julie, Sara, Suzi, Arlene, Laura, Dot, and Maureen!

As we celebrated with an early Mother's Day celebration, we also celebrated friendships. And as a tribute to all of them, I will be releasing my first Tea Moment Recipe Collection to them in the next week: A Mother's Day Moment.   In addition, I'll share this e-book at no charge for the first 100 readers who join my mailing list here:

Subscribe to my mailing list

* indicates required



By joining this list, you'll receive the occasional email with recipes and other ideas on creating your own personalized Tea Moment.




Once you join, look for my email in the next week with your free Mother's Day Moment recipe collection e-book.

I look forward to sharing more recipe collections and Tea Moment opportunities very soon!


Comments