Day 6 Meditation Moment - Plan Your Next Move


It's feels so luxurious to sit quietly with a cup of comfort at hand. This morning's companion is Irish Breakfast from California Tea and Coffee Brewery in Temecula, California. It's one of the few teas they hand blend, and I love them for it. It is strong and bold and will set you on a good course to tackle the busy-ness of the day.

There was a Harvard Business Review article review recently that exhorted people to please stop complaining about how busy they are, and it caught my attention because I've absolutely fallen into that trap when people ask me how I'm doing.

It's true, we're all busy, and somehow we think that our work load, child care situation, travel schedule, number of commitments is larger, more unique or more important than everyone else's.

This morning is the first school/work morning of Daylight Savings Time, which means that getting the household up and running at 6 feels exponentially more difficult because it's really 5 until we get used to the new time. I had planned a couple of moves ahead and laid out the girls' clothes and packed Edie's snack to buy us a few more minutes in the morning. It made all the difference.

It was a simple thing that took me less than 5 minutes last night. And it's common sense that we all know, but that I typically forget. Look at what's coming up, anticipate, plan your next move so that you're not scrambling to catch up.

Today I intend to take a few minutes to survey the coming week and see what small moves I can plan to make the coming events less busy and more productive, even more enjoyable.

Comments