A Giddy, Anticipatory Moment

It's been 15 years since I was a 20-year-old exchange student in the small, Pyranees mountain city of Pau. Birthplace of Henry IV (who?), and home of crudite-thon-sans-thon sandwiches (veggie-tuna-without-the tuna) at Le Triangle, I called it home for about 6 lovely months. When I came home, I was 21, blonder than blond, and 15 pounds heavier. I blame the bread, cheese, and wine.

This weekend, some of my fellow Pau etudiants will be joining me in Orange County to celebrate our past and present. Some of us have seen each other almost annually, while there are 2 I have not laid eyes on in 15 years. I can't wait!

I miss my bench on the Boulevard des Pyranees, and I miss this crew of fantastic people. I think it's going to be a great weekend. Allons-y!

Comments

  1. Good LORD! You may very well be shot for posting these pix, Miss J! But what fond memories, and fantastic feelings they evoke. Thanks. I am sorry I am missing this reunion. Put me down for the next one!!! -Blaine

    PS - How on earth do you NOT have a white towel in either of these pix? LMAO! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Shannon chastised the group for allowing she and I to wear such high-waisted pants with tucked-in shirts and belts. Save us from ourselves!

    And you'll be happy to know that there were fluffy, white towels a-plenty for those who stayed Chez Nous. :)

    P.S. My white towels are your white towels if you're ever in the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I studied in Pau in 2007! Oh I miss Le Boulevard! Have a great reunion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment