A Minnesota Hotel Moment

I've been finding myself in Minnesota once or twice a year now for the past 3 or 4 years, and that actually makes me very happy. Minneapolis is a refreshingly lovely city with (gasp) friendly, hospitable people! When asked to speak at an annual conference for the industry that supports my day job, I accepted with no hesitation. I've spoken at this conference before, and I looked forward to lunching at a favorite downtown spot.

However, one very long and expensive cab ride later, I realized the conference was in a new location. Still in the Twin Cities environs, but way out in the boonies. Little Conference on the Prairie. Hmm.

With no where to go and not much to do last night, and also discovering that the remodel of the Embassy Suites did away with the bath tubs (WHAT Were They Thinking?!?!?), I settled in for an evening of tea and reading. The book: The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag, by Alan Bradley (2nd book in his mystery series, where the heroine is 11-year-old Flavia de Luce, chemist-in-the-making). The tea on hand in the room: Harney and Sons, Earl Grey. Works for me!

So, while I won't be re-visiting the friendly streets of Minneapolis, I have arranged a stop in at TeaSource to see one of my tea gurus, Bill Waddington. Looking forward to seeing what delights he has to introduce me to this time!

Comments

  1. Don't you just love Flavia!? She's the best! And a hotel without tubs??? I'd leave a comment card on that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flavia is the best! No bathtubs is the worst! My conundrum - how do I pronounce Flavia's name? Flahvia or Flayvia? Stumped.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment